My name is Lana Wadley and I was diagnosed with PAP in 2014 a few months after my mom passed with Pancreatic Cancer. It’s funny, that some people have told me they have gotten ill after their parent died. I don’t know exactly how I got this. I’m thinking it’s either from working in an office building for a couple of years with carbon monoxide poisoning, or when I tried to remove melted aluminum from the bottom of my oven. I’m guessing it’s the latter.
Around 2011, I had put aluminum on the bottom of the oven to prevent spillage from a pie I was baking. To my astonishment, the aluminum completely melted to the bottom. I tried cleaning and scraping to get it off and nothing worked. So, I bought oven cleaner, turned on the oven heat. When I opened the oven door, a mass of fumes came out and went into my lungs. I remember I couldn’t breathe for several seconds, then I coughed and coughed and coughed. The coughing was so hard and painful.
I’m on oxygen 24/7 and have had 6 lavages. I really didn’t see any improvement with these lavages, and with this barbaric method used, I decided not to have more lavages (unless of course I really need to have it done), and hope I could get on the Leukine Clinical trials. Has anyone had a similar story?