Info & Diagnostics:
The PAP Foundation is a proud partner of the RLDC.
Register as a PAP Clinical Center:
Please complete the below for consideration to be listed as a
PAP Clinical Center.
Instructions for GM-CSF testing/titer:
Serum GM-CSF autoantibody and GM-CSF signaling analysis is currently sponsored by Dr. Bruce Trapnell at Cincinnati Children’s (CCHMC). As a research study, this requires Dr. Trapnell or a study team member at CCHMC to review the study with the patient.
Please follow these steps:
1. Provide the Informed Consent and HIPAA form documents to the patient.
2. Contact Colleen Fitzpatrick at 513 636-7036 (phone) to review the consent.
3. Ask the patient to complete the HIPAA form.
4. Copy the consent form for the patient.
5. Fax the consent to Colleen Fitzpatrick at 513 636-3529 or email the consent to Colleen.Fitzpatrick@cchmc.org.
6. After signing the consent and sending the document(s) to CCHMC, please draw 3-5 ml of blood in a serum separator tube and 10 ml of blood in a sodium heparin tube per instructions on the Case Report Form.
7. Please ship original consent, blood, and completed HIPAA and Case Report Form per instructions on the Case Report Form.
For any questions, please contact:
Recent Noteworthy Articles on PAP:
"Inhaled Molgramostim Therapy in Autoimmune Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis." The New England Journal of Medicine. September 7, 2020
DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa1913590, LINK
"Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis (PAP)." American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 200(8), October 15, 2019 pp. P16–P17 - LINK
Duration of Benefit in Patients With
Autoimmune Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis
After Inhaled Granulocyte-Macrophage
Colony-Stimulating Factor Therapy
Chest. 2014 Apr;145(4):729-37 - LINK
Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis and Macrophage
N Engl J Med. 2015 Apr 30;372(18):1762-4 - LINK
Inhaled Granulocyte/Macrophage–Colony Stimulating Factor as Therapy for Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis
Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010 Jun 15;181(12):1345-54 - LINK