Info & Diagnostics:
The PAP Foundation is a proud partner of the RLDC.
Register as a PAP Clinical Center:
Please complete the below for consideration to be listed as a
PAP Clinical Center.
Instructions for GM-CSF testing/titer:
Serum GM-CSF autoantibody and GM-CSF signaling analysis is currently sponsored by Dr. Bruce Trapnell at Cincinnati Children’s (CCHMC). As a research study, this requires Dr. Trapnell or a study team member at CCHMC to review the study with the patient.
Please follow these steps:
2. Contact Carrie Stevens at 513 636-9973 or Brenna Carey 513-636-8916 to review the consent
3. Ask the patient to complete the HIPAA form
4. Copy the consent form for the patient.
5. Submit the consent to:
Brenna Carey via FAX to 513-636-3723 or
via email to Brenna.Carey@cchmc.org.
6. After signing the consent and sending the document(s) to CCHMC, please draw 3-5 ml of blood in a serum separator tube and 10 ml of blood in a sodium heparin tube per instructions on the Case Report Form.
7. Please ship original consent, blood, and completed HIPAA and Case Report Form Mon-Thurs per instructions.
For any questions, please contact:
Recent Noteworthy Articles on PAP:
"Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis (PAP)." American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 200(8), October 15, 2019 pp. P16–P17 - LINK
Duration of Benefit in Patients With
Autoimmune Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis
After Inhaled Granulocyte-Macrophage
Colony-Stimulating Factor Therapy
Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis and Macrophage
Inhaled Granulocyte/Macrophage–Colony Stimulating Factor as Therapy for Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis